The following guidelines are intended to provide general guidance for use or our Ad Distribution Network (ADN), but are not intended as an endorsement, permission, or other approval by BroadProximity of any particular campaign or strategy and do not absolve you of any responsibility or obligation under the ADN terms. BroadProximity reserves the right to modify these content and targeting guidelines, the consumer protected and prohibited locations, the sensitve categories and the content restrictions at any time and for any reason or suspend or cancel any campaign at our discretion.
1. Ads and creative that are, contain, include or promote Restricted Content are strictly prohibited.
2. Ads and creative that are, contain, include or promote Minor Restricted Content are strictly prohibited from any campaign that directly or indirectly targets minors or is served on any child directed application.
3. Consumer Protected Locations (including addresses associated with such categories) may not be used for on-premise targeting, retargeting or audience building and any proximity targeting
of any such location must be no more precise than the larger of a zip-code or one-mile radius.
4. Prohibited Locations (including addresses associated with such categories) may not be used for on-premise targeting, proximity targeting, retargeting or audience building, these locations are not available for use in the ADN.
5. You may not target ads based on, use creative that implies knowledge of, or otherwise use any Sensitive Category information (including any audiences assembled using such information)
6. Any advertisers engaging in political advertising must comply with the terms of our Political Advertising Policy, available here.
7. If we load no fewer than 100 residential addresses for any given campaign, you may not use them for audience building and you must provide them in compliance with and subject to the ADN terms.
“Consumer Protected Locations” – Available Here.
“Prohibited Locations” – Available Here.
“Sensitive Categories” includes (a) children under the age of 16, (b) clinical trial participation, (c) negative financial status or financial distress, (d) physical or mental conditions, treatments and procedures, (e) personal relationship difficulties or loss of loved ones, (f) criminal records, allegations or charges, (g) status as victim of crime, abuse or other traumatic event, (h) sexual orientation, (i) status as a political figure or candidate, (i) personal race or ethnicity, (j) religious beliefs, (k) birth control (l) transgender identification, (m) trade union membership, and (n) membership in a marginalized group
“Restricted Content” means any content or subject matter that: (a) is related to, or improperly references illegal activities (illegal drugs, phishing, terrorism, criminal activities, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters) or otherwise violates applicable law or regulations; (b) is related to alcohol, tobacco or tobacco accessories, online and physical casinos, gambling, weapons or weapon accessories; (c) is related to pornographic, obscene material, or sexually explicit images or activities, including partial nudity; (d) is related to excessively graphic or explicit violence; (e) is defamatory, libelous, inappropriate or profane; (f) is of the type that a reasonable person would consider highly objectionable; (g) is disparaging to BroadProximity or any of its publishers; (h) is discriminatory or constitutes “hate speech”, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or language of such individual or group; (i) contains viruses, malware, spyware, worms, corrupted files, cracks or other materials that are intended to or may damage or render inoperable software, hardware or security measures of BroadProximity, any user, or any other third party; (j) encourages or requires end users to click on Ads through offering incentives or any other methods that are manipulative, deceptive, malicious or fraudulent; (k) is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, illegal, or might mislead a user into believing he or she is interacting directly with BroadProximity or any of its affiliates; (l) infringes, violates, or misappropriates any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights, or that facilitates the distribution of copyrighted content without the authorization of the copyright holder; (m) involves spamming or other advertising or marketing activities that violate any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines; (n) automatically redirects users to any Internet site or landing page including, but not limited to any store or similar site for the download of mobile applications whether such applications are free or are available for a fee, without initiation by the user; (o) is blank, does not appropriately fill available visual advertising space or includes third-party tracking software that causes the Ads to time out; (p) contains personally identifiable information (“PII”) or implies knowledge of PII or other sensitive information (including health information); (q) implies knowledge of a Sensitive Category; (r) is designed to harass, intimidate, embarrass or otherwise negatively impact the recipient or other viewer; or (s) violates the content guidelines presented to us by our Publishers from time to time.
“Minor Restricted Content” means alcohol, firearms, ammunition, handgun safety certificates, spray paint, etching cream, tobacco or other smoking devices, BB guns, dangerous fireworks, UV tanning devices, ephedrine based diet pills, lottery/gambling, salvia divinorum, body branding, permanent tattoos, drug paraphernalia, e-cigarettes, obscene matter, and less lethal weapons.
Contact our team of dedicated advertising experts who can answer your questions and help you start achieving your mobile advertising goals.